- Kick-off Project Meeting, Frascati (Italy) July 7-8, 2010
- 2nd Project Meeting, Athens (Greece) November 9-10, 2010
- WP2-WP3 meeting, Ponza (Italy) September 5-8, 2010
- 3rd Project Meeting, Turin (Italy) February 2-3, 2011
- Periodic Review, Turin (Italy) February 4, 2011
- Developers Meeting, Athens (Greece) April 14-15, 2011
- 4th Project Meeting, Porto (Portugal) May 5-7, 2011
- 5th Project Meeting, Turin (Italy) June 27-29, 2011
- First Year Review, Brussels (Belgium) September 16, 2011
- 6th Project Meeting, Munich (Germany) December 13-14, 2011
- 7th Project Meeting, Paris (France) March 22-23, 2012
- 8th Project Meeting, Bucharest (Romania) June 12-13, 2012
CONVERGENCE contributed to organize the 21st International Tyrrhenian Workshop on Digital Communications: Trustworthy Internet (http://tyrr2010.cnit.it), held in the island of Ponza, Italy, 6-8 September 2010; in this workshop, the project also organized a special session on “Content”, chaired by Mr. L. Chiariglione.
CONVERGENCE, represented by Prof. Giacomo Morabito, together with other researchers coming from Europe as well as USA, contributed to organize a workshop entitled “Information-Centric Networking”. This workshop was held in conjunction with ACM Sigcomm 2011 in Toronto, Canada, on August 15-19 2011, (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2011/).
CONVERGENCE solutions on “Content Aware Routing”, presented by N.Blefari-Melazzi, A.Detti, S.Salsano to Cisco Systems Italy in Rome on June 6, 2011, during a five hours workshop.
CONVERGENCE will be presented in the Wipro multimedia kiosk at the “Retail Business Technology Expo”, 13-14 March 2012, in London.
- In May 2012, CONVERGENCE presented a public demo at a major event in Aalborg (Hands-on FIRE! demo, Future Internet Assembly and Future Internet Week, 7-11 May 2012, Aalborg, Denmark). The demo (“Video streaming over a publish-subscribe/information-centric architecture”) showcased how CONVERGENCE can facilitate the dissemination of audio-video material by exploiting a publish/subscribe approach, coupled with information-centric networking (ICN) principles. The demo focuses on publishing video content (in the form of metadata and references to the video re source itself), and further publishing additional resources (for instance textual comments) that link and refer to the original video content. All publications are indexed in a semantic overlay and can be semantically subscribed to. All resources are stored in an ICN infrastructure and can be directly fetched by their identifier. Subscriptions are matched with publications in a distributed fashion, and the matching video content is streamed to the subscriber by using streaming-over-HTTP standard technologies, mapped on top of the ICN. This makes it possible to exploit caching of video segments and collaborative “proximity routing” between users that watch the same video segments.
The demo was very successful. Attendees included many participants to Future Internet (FI) week and delegations of:
- Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI)
- ICT Committee (ICTC), managing the FP7 ICT Programme
- Future Internet Forum (FIF)
- and Member States’ representatives.
- CONVERGENCE, represented by Prof. Giacomo Morabito, together with other researchers coming from Europe as well as USA, is contributing to organize the second ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN-2012), which is becoming probably the most important event for the research community working on ICN, and that will be held in conjunction with SIGCOMM 2012 Helsinki, Finland, August, 2012, (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2012/).